Spooky Raisin Spiders
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1/3 cup almond butter*
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 96 tiny thin black licorice strips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 24 small candies or frosting, for eyes
- Measure raisins, almond butter, honey, and cocoa powder into food
processor bowl with metal blade and process until smooth. Transfer to
large bowl and stir in cereal by hand to mix completely. Divide and
shape into 12 balls; arrange on foil or wax paper-lined baking sheet.
Press down to flatten bottoms; turn and spread small amount of melted
chocolate on each bottom and attach 8 small licorice pieces to form
legs; chill until firm.
- Stir a few drops of water into powdered sugar and glue on candies or
make eyes for spiders.
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 spooky spider
Prep Time: 15 min | Ready Time: 15 min
Peanut butter makes good spiders, too.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 33%);
Total Fat 2 (Saturated Fat 2; Trans Fat 0); Cholesterol 0; Sodium 30;
Potassium 156; Total Carbohydrate 29; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 21; Protein 2;
Calcium 9; Iron 1
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):