Blood Clot Brownies
- 1 (19.5 to 21 ounce) family-size brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Maraschino cherries, quartered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine brownie mix, butter, water, eggs and almond extract in large bowl;
stir just until combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cherries and chocolate chips.
- In mini muffin pans, place foil mini baking cups.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until centers are just set.
- Cool completely.
- Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Garnish with cherries, if desired.
Makes 4 dozen.
If you don't have a mini muffin pan, place foil (not paper) mini baking cups
onto ungreased baking sheet. Fill as directed. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
Brownie bites can also be frosted or piped with your favorite frosting. Omit
confectioners' sugar. Garnish as directed