- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
- Candy corn or other Halloween candies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light
- Add egg, flour, salt and vanilla extract. Stir in nuts.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonsful onto prepared cookie sheets. Arrange
6 cookies per sheet, flattening to 2-inch discs. (Cookies will spread to about
6 inches and become very lacy while baking.)
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until caramel-colored and firm. Do not over-bake.
- Cool for 1 minute.
- Working quickly with spatula, ease one cookie at a time from cookie sheet.
Keeping top of cookie on the outside, form into cornucopia shape by hand, or
by partially wrapping around the handle of wooden spoon.
- Place cornucopia seam side down on plate to harden.
- Repeat with remaining cookies. Cookies will firm as they cool, so return
them to oven for about 30 seconds to make them more pliable.
- To serve, arrange on tray.
- If desired, fill with candy or other treats.
Cornucopias may also be used as place cards; insert name tags into each cookie.
For best results, use insulated light, not black, cookie sheets.
Thoroughly cool cookie sheets between batches