Glowing Jack-o-Lantern Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Orange and green food coloring
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package lemon drops, crushed *
* Crush lemon drops in food processor. If mixture becomes sticky, add a little
confectioners' sugar while chopping.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover 3 cookie sheets with foil.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk if batter is too stiff.
- Color all but 1/8 of dough orange and color the rest green.
- Roll 1-inch balls from the orange dough and flatten with your hand to make
a pumpkin shape.
- Place on cookie sheets.
- Roll stems out of the green dough and attach to the top of the " pumpkin".
- Carefully cut out wide spaces for the eyes, nose and mouth with a knife.
- Fill holes in with crushed lemon candy.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until done. DO NOT ALLOW TO BROWN.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and carefully peel off foil.