Halloween Harvest Mice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup California raisins, chopped fine
- 48 perfect slices natural almonds (about 1/4 cup sliced)
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate mini chips
- 4 black licorice laces (each about 30 inches long)
- Measure flour and salt into small bowl, and whisk together; set
- In another bowl with electric mixer, beat butter on medium-high
until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, gradually, beating until mixture is pale and fluffy,
about 3 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract and egg, separately. Reduce speed to low,
add flour mixture, one-third at a time, beating after each addition
until well blended.
- Then, knead or stir in chopped raisins.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces, shape into flat disks, and wrap
separately in plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
and set aside.
- To make 24 mice, for each one, shape 1 tablespoon dough into an oval
ball and shape oval ball to make nose and eye sockets. Gently press 1
mini chocolate chip into each eye socket and press 1 almond slice into
dough on either side behind eyes for ears. Arrange on parchment-lined
baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until light golden brown, about 15 to 20
- Remove from baking sheet and cool slightly.
- Divde each licorice lace into 6 pieces about 5 inches long. Then,
with a skewer, make a hole about 1/2-inch deep into round end of each
ball and insert piece of licorice lace for tails. Set aside to cool on
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Halloween Cookie Recipes
>> Halloween Recipes Index