Orange-Cream Cheese Brownies
The perfect brownie for an adult Halloween party or anytime you want to enjoy
a perfect combination of refreshing orange and rich chocolate.
- 1 box (17 ounces) Betty Crocker® dark chocolate premium brownie mix
vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon frozen (thawed) orange
- Yellow food color
- Red food color
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease
bottom only of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening.
(For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of
- Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.
- Stir cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice, 2 drops yellow food color
and 1 drop red food color until smooth and spreadable; spread over brownies.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave
uncovered on Medium (50%) about 2 minutes or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
Drizzle over brownies.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cream cheese and chocolate are set.
- For 24 brownies, cut into 4 rows by 6 rows.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies.
Soften cream cheese quickly by placing unwrapped cream cheese in a bowl
and microwaving on High for 10 to 15 seconds.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 180 o (Calories from
Fat 60), Total Fat 7g o (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, o Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg;
Sodium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g o (Dietary Fiber 0g, o Sugars 23g), Protein
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0
Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat;
1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills.