Peter Pumpkin Squares
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 2/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil, mixing until well blended.
- Add combined flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt;
- Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until well
- Gradually add sugar, beating smooth.
- Spread frosting over cold cake and sprinkle with nuts.