Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 box raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cookies: Cream first six ingredients together.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder; add to creamed mixture.
- Add walnuts and raisins, mixing well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-30 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Frost with Caramel Frosting when cool.
- Caramel Frosting: Combine butter, milk, and brown sugar in a saucepan. Boil
for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Let cool.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.