- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon juice from fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- In small bowl blend slightly sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extracts
and orange food coloring.
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg whites adding 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar mix
at a time, until mixture holds stiff peaks (About 10 minutes). Reserve 2 tablespoons
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add green food coloring to reserved mixture. Blend.
- Drop very small amount of green mixture on top of every cookie.
- Bake with slightly open oven door at 150 degrees F ( 65 degrees C) for 60
minutes or until cookies are completely dry.
Makes 8 dozen