Pumpkin Nut Bars with Orange Icing
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Orange paste food coloring
- Combine all ingredients except nuts. Beat in mixing bowl.
- Fold in nuts; spread dough in greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Ice with orange icing.
- Orange Icing: Combine ingredients, using food coloring to deepen color of
- Cut into bars.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels