Spooky Monster Brownie Pops
Enjoy these spooky brownie pops using Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix – perfect
- 1 (1 pound 2.3 ounce) box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 24 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 8 to 10 drops green food color
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (from 1-pound container)
- 48 small green candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan with
foil, leaving foil overhanging on 2 opposite sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking
- Bake and cool brownie mix as directed on box for 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Place brownies in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan, using foil to lift; peel foil from sides of brownies.
Cut into 24 rectangular bars, 6 rows lengthwise by 4 rows across, each about
1 1/2 by 3 1/4 inches.
- Gently insert stick into end of each bar, foil from bars.
- Place on cookie sheet; freeze for 30 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave candy coating uncovered on HIGH about 1
minute or until smooth when stirred.
- Stir in food color.
- Spread on brownies.
- Insert 2 candies into sides of each brownie to look like ears.
- Place on waxed paper or foil to dry.
- To decorate, spoon frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag;
seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting
on top of each brownie to look like hair.
- Draw eyebrows, eyes and zigzag mouth to look like Frankenstein face.
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Total Time 2:00 Hrs
Substitute white vanilla baking chips for the almond bark if desired. Hair tips
can be purchased at a cake decorating store or online.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Pop) Calories 300 o (Calories from Fat
130), Total Fat 14g o (Saturated Fat 5g, o Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium
115mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g o (Dietary Fiber 1g, o Sugars 31g), Protein 2g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker/General Mills.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels