These sweet-salty bewitchin' cookies are easy to make and fun to eat!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 pretzel rods, about 8 1/2 inches long, cut crosswise in half
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Butterscotch-flavored chips, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, water and vanilla extract in medium bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Shape dough into twenty 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place pretzel rod halves on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press ball of dough onto cut end of each pretzel rod.
- Press dough with fork to resemble "bristles" of broom.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place brooms on wax paper.
- Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally,
until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- Spoon melted chocolate over brooms, leaving about 1 inch at top of pretzel
handle and bottom halves of cookie bristles uncovered.
- Drizzle with melted butterscotch chips.
- Let stand until chocolate is set.
Reprinted with permission from Betty Crocker.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels