These sweet-salty bewitchin' cookies are easy to make and fun to eat!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 pretzel rods, about 8 1/2 inches long, cut crosswise
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, water and vanilla extract in medium bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Shape dough into twenty 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place pretzel rod halves on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press ball of dough onto cut end of each pretzel rod.
- Press dough with fork to resemble "bristles" of broom.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- Cover cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place brooms on wax paper.
- Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally,
until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- Spoon melted chocolate over brooms, leaving about 1 inch at top of pretzel
handle and bottom halves of cookie bristles uncovered.
- Drizzle with melted butterscotch chips.
- Let stand until chocolate is set.
Reprinted with permission from