Witchiepoo Whoopie Pies
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange food coloring, optional
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried
- 1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies
- Tubes of decorative
writing gel; green, orange, red, white
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla in a medium
mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Add food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Using a rubber scraper, gently mix whipped topping and dried cranberries
into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange half the cookies, rounded side down on a large tray.
- Top each cookie with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover each with remaining plain cookies and freeze overnight.
- Decorate with writing gel to make spider webs and spooky faces.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Makes 20 sandwich pies
Per serving: Calories 149, Protein 2grams, Carb. 21grams, Fat 6grams, Chol.
13grams, Dietary Fiber 1 gram, Sugar 16 grams, Vitamin A 50 RE, Vitamin E <1
mg, Vitamin C <1 mg, Sodium 107 mg, Pot. 42 mg, Iron <1 mg, Calcium 13 mg
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries.