Wolfman Cookie Pops
- 1 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut, chopped and toasted
- 1 (14 ounce) package light cocoa chocolate disks or chocolate candy wafers
- Candy corn
- Yellow candy disks
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- Brown icing color
- Small black candy-coated chocolate dot candies
- 8 (8-inch) cookie treat sticks
- To make cookies: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer bowl.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix baking powder and flour; add to butter mixture one cup at time, mixing
after each addition. If dough is too soft, add up to 1/2 cup additional flour,
a little at a time.
- Stir in 1 cup coconut.
- Do not chill dough.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- On floured surface, roll each into a circle about 12 inches in diameter
and 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with 4-inch diameter floured cutters.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet on middle rack of oven for 6 to 7
minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- To decorate 8 Wolfman Cookie Pops: Cut enough chocolate candy disks into
triangles for 16 ears; reserve remaining disks.
- Cut candy corn just above orange area for teeth.
- Cut yellow candy disks for eyes.
- In large bowl, tint coconut with brown icing color.
- In small bowl melt remaining chocolate candy disks (over hot water or in
- Working with one cookie at a time, spread a fine layer of melted chocolate
candy over cookie, just enough to hold coconut.
- Press coconut over cookie, leaving mouth area uncovered; let set.
- Use dabs of melted chocolate candy to attach to cookie faces the candy ears,
teeth, eyes and black dot candies for eye pupils and noses; hold ears until
- Attach cookie treat stick to cookie back, also with melted candy; hold until
- Allow all decorations to set firmly before arranging as desired in container
or on plates.
Makes 8 decorated cookies.
Recipe and photo credit: Wilton Enterprises.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels