Ghostly Graveyard Cakes
This quick and easy recipe was developed especially for a Mom and kids fun Halloween project.
- 9 drops Blue McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye, divided
- 9 drops Yellow McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) ready-to-spread white frosting
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 box (10 count) individually packaged vanilla cream-filled log-shaped cakes (such as TWINKIES)
- Chocolate frosting (for printing on cookies)
- 10 oval-shaped cookies (such as PEPPERIDGE FARM Milano Cookies)
- Crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (optional)
- Mix 3 drops each blue and yellow Neon Food Color into frosting; set aside.
- Shake coconut in large plastic bag with 6 drops each blue and yellow Neon
Food Color until well coated.
- Cover cakes with green frosting. Sprinkle with green coconut to create a
- To make "tombstones", place chocolate frosting in small plastic
bag. Snip off a tiny corner of the bag. Squeeze out the letters "RIP"
onto each cookie.
- Place cookie into one end of each cake.
- Arrange cakes on serving platter to create a graveyard.
- If desired, surround with crushed cookies to make dirt.
Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes per cake
Nutritional Information: per serving Calories: 506 Fat: 22 g Carbohydrates:
74 g Cholesterol: 23 mg Sodium: 377 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...