Goo-lish Caramel Apple Slices
- 1 (14 ounce) bag vanilla caramels (about 48)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tart
green apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces (6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup nut topping
- Put unwrapped caramels and the water in a medium saucepan. Cook until caramels
are melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange apple slices on a pizza plate or pan.
- Use a spoon to drizzle caramel mixture over apples.
- Put chocolate pieces and shortening in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low
heat until mixture is melted and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Use another spoon to drizzle the chocolate mixture over the caramel-covered
- Sprinkle with nut topping.
- Let stand at room temperature for up to 10 minutes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving: calories: 487, total fat: 20g, saturated fat:
5g, cholesterol: 0mg, sodium: 223mg, carbohydrate: 80g, fiber: 3g, protein: 5g