Halloween Kitty Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package pudding-included chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- 2 green gumdrops
- 2 small pieces black licorice
- 2 miniature milk chocolate covered peanut
- 1 red or pink gumdrops
- 1 (4-inch) strip red chewy fruit snack
roll by the foot
- 1 foil-wrapped chocolate coin
- 2 pieces uncooked spaghetti
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package in two 9-inch round cake
pans using water, oil and eggs.
- Cool for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Place cooled cake rounds side by side with sides touching on 18 x 11-inch
serving platter or foil-covered cardboard. From 1 cake round, cut crescent-shaped
piece from outer edge for tail; remaining portion of cake round is the head.
Cut 2 small triangles from each end of "tail;" place on top of "head"
for ears. Place "tail" to side of "body," trimming to fit
- Spread frosting over cake. (If frosting is difficult to spread, heat frosting
for a few seconds in microwave.)
- Cut green gumdrops and place on "head" for eyes; top with licorice
- Place peanut butter cups and red gumdrop on "head" for "nose".
- Place strip of fruit snack around "neck" for collar; add chocolate
coin for tag.
- Break each piece of spaghetti into 3 equal pieces; insert at an angle next
to "nose" for whiskers.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) See package for directions.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 420 o (Calories from
Fat 170), Total Fat 19g o (Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 420mg; Total
Carbohydrate 59g o (Dietary Fiber 1g, o Sugars 41g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 3 Fruit; 4 Other Carbohydrate; 3 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from