Halloween Poke Cake
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 13 x 9-inch baking pan as directed on package.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in small bowl at least 2 minutes until
- Add cold water; stir.
- Carefully pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Tint whipped topping orange with food coloring; spread onto top of cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 1 hr min | Makes: 16 servings
How To Thaw COOL WHIP: Place unopened 8-ounce tub of whipped topping in refrigerator
for 4 hours. Do not thaw in microwave.
Great Substitute: Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 200 Total fat 6g Saturated fat 3g Cholesterol
0mg Sodium 250mg Carbohydrate 34g Dietaryfiber 0g Sugars 22g Protein 2g
Vitamin A 0%DV Vitamin C 0%DV Calcium 6%DV Iron 2%DV
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Kitchens - kraftrecipes.com
Other Halloween recipes you may like...