Halloween Spider Cake
When cake is cut, it spurts green goop.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 small box
- Blue food coloring
- Chocolate frosting
- 4 black licorice whips
- 2 large green gumballs
- 6 small gumballs
- Prepare cake using two 9-inch round cake pans. Cool.
- Prepare the gelatin according to package directions. It works best if it
is just a little on the soft side.
- On a foil-covered cookie-sheet, place one cake layer for the body.
- Cut a smaller circle out of the center of the layer.
- Place this smaller round of cake as the spider's head.
- Fill the hole left in the body layer with gelatin.
- Place the other cake layer on top of the body and trim cake slightly to
shape , if desired.
- To prepare frosting, in a mixing bowl, add blue food coloring to the chocolate
frosting until black in color.
- Frost the entire cake black.
- Cut the black licorice whips in half and insert for the eight legs.
- Position the gumballs as eyes.