Decorate ice cream cones to look like magicians' hats, then fill with candies.
- 1 cup tiny marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1/2 cup large
milk chocolate pieces
- 20 plain, colored and/or chocolate ice cream cones
(2 ounce) squares chocolate- or vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted
- 20 (2-
to 3-inch) chocolate cookies
- Assorted small candies
- In a medium bowl stir together marshmallows, peanuts, candy corn and chocolate
pieces. Set mixture aside.
- Place ice cream cones on the wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spread outside of cones with melted chocolate or vanilla coating.
- If desired, sprinkle small candies on the cone before the coating dries
- Let coating dry.
- Turn cones upside down and fill with about 2 tablespoons of the marshmallow
- Place the cones upside down inside a mug and brush a generous amount of
melted chocolate or vanilla coating along the bottom edge of the cone.
- Press a cookie against the coating and let dry.
- Carefully turn the cone right side up onto the wax-paper-lined baking sheet.
* If desired, leave some cones plain and decorate after filling. Decorate the
outside of the plain cones with small candies, using the melted coating to stick
the candies onto the cone.
Make-ahead tip: Prepare hats and store at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition facts per serving: 214 calories, 10 g total fat, 6 g saturated
fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein,
0% vitamin A, 0% vitamin C, 1% calcium, 3% iron
Source: Better Homes and Gardens On-Line