Monster Coffin Cake
This spooky treat is sure to be a hit at your child's Halloween party. At 12
servings, it's perfect for feeding a crowd of kids.
- 1/3 cup KOOL-AID Grape Flavor Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drink Mix
- 2 tablespoons
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 4 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 package (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 10 JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 JET-PUFFED Marshmallow
- Black decorating gel
- 3 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- Place drink mix in large bowl.
- Add hot water; stir until drink mix is completely dissolved.
- Add cream cheese; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping with wire whisk.
- Remove 1/2 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture for later use; set remaining
cream cheese mixture aside.
- Crush 3 of the cookies; place cookie crumbs in shallow dish. Set aside.
- Cut cake lengthwise in half.
- Frost cake top with some of the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Dip into cookie crumbs until evenly coated; set aside.
- Place cake bottom on serving platter; frost top and sides with some of the
remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Place cake top next to cake bottom to resemble coffin lid.
- Frost sides and cut side of cake top with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Place remaining cookie in center of cake bottom to resemble a body.
- Line up two rows of 3 mini marshmallows each at bottom of "body"
to resemble legs.
- Place 2 miniature marshmallows on sides of "body" to resemble
- Place large marshmallow at top of "body" to resemble head.
- Using reserved 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese mixture, attach 2 miniature marshmallows
to sides of "head" to resemble ears.
- Use decorating gel to draw mouth and eyes.
- Top cake with fruit snacks.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
Makes: 12 servings
Fun Idea: Dip large and miniature marshmallows in water; shake gently to remove
excess water. Roll in 1 tablespoon green colored sugar until evenly coated. Let
stand until set, then use as directed.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 200 Total fat 10g Saturated fat 6g Cholesterol
65mg Sodium 170mg Carbohydrate 25g Dietary fiber 0g Sugars 18g Protein 2g Vitamin
A 6%DV Vitamin C 4%DV Calcium 2%DV Iron 2%DV
Reprinted with permission from
Kraft Kitchens - kraftrecipes.com