Oozy Orange Cupcakes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Yellow and red food coloring
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake baking pans with paper cupcake
- In small mixing bowl, use electric mixer to combine cream cheese, egg and
- Blend in 2 drops yellow food coloring and 1 drop red food coloring, adding
more coloring if necessary to reach desired shade.
- Use mixing spoon to stir in chocolate chips; set filling aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt;
- In second small mixing bowl, combine water, vegetable oil, vinegar and vanilla
- Add contents of small mixing bowl to large mixing bowl and stir with mixing
spoon to combine.
- Using mixing spoon or soup spoon, fill cupcake liners half full with cupcake
batter, then place 1 teaspoon filling at center of each.
- As cupcake bakes, the batter will rise to surround the filling.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- If desired, frost with orange icing or just let the orange filling ooze
out as a surprise.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...