Pumpkin Spice Ghost Cake
Surprise your trick-or-treaters with this hauntingly-good pumpkin spice cake
with a rich cream cheese frosting.
- 1 (18 ounce) box spice or carrot cake mix
- 1 cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- * Black string licorice, NESTLE RAISINETS Milk Chocolate Covered Raisins and Halloween candy corn (optional)
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8- or 9-inch-round
- Combine cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, vegetable oil and pumpkin pie spice
in large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes or until thoroughly
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla extract
in small mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Spread between layers and on top and side of cake.
- To garnish: Form licorice strings into ghost shapes; press into side of
- Use Raisinets for eyes.
- Arrange candy corn between ghosts on side and around top edge of frosted
Serving size: 12
Reprinted with permission from Nestlé and Meals.com.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels