Scary Spiderweb Cupcakes
Perfect for a Halloween party, these rich, chocolaty cupcakes are fun to make.
- 1 package Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 3 drops red food color
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food color
- 1 (0.68 ounce) tube Betty Crocker black decorating gel
- 48 large black gumdrops
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches,
with with paper baking cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs. Fill cups
- Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Tint frosting with red and yellow food colors to make orange frosting.
- Spread frosting over tops of cupcakes.
- Squeeze circles of decorating gel on each cupcake; pull knife through gel
from center outward to make web.
- To make each spider, roll out 1 gumdrop and cut out 8 strips for legs; place
another gumdrop on top.
- Place spider on cupcake.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) - Make cake mix following high altitude directions
on package for cupcakes.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills
Other Halloween recipes you may like...