- 4 small to medium size Gala apples
- Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Dash of salt
- Ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking dish.
- Wash and core apples, then cut in half lengthwise; brush cut sides with
- Carve a face on each apple half.
- Combine brown sugar, melted butter, spices and salt in small bowl; brush
over all sides of apple, filling face cutouts, place apples cut side down in
- Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples in dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until apples are tender.
- For each serving, place a scoop of ice cream in bowl and drizzle with caramel
topping; top with apple half and sprinkles, if desired.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels