Spook-tacular Halloween Jell-O Dessert
Two kinds of gelatin and some chewy fruit snacks shaped like worms are just a
few reasons to make this spooky—but yummy—Halloween dessert.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 2 (3 ounce) packages JELL-O
Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 2/3 cups cold water, divided
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 4 (1/4 ounce) envelopes KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 (8
ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- green food coloring
- worm-shaped chewy fruit
- Lightly coat two 13 x 9-inch glass baking pans with cooking spray.
- In separate bowl, add 2 cups boiling water to 2 packages orange JELL-O. Whisk
until completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup ice and 1/3 cup cold water. Stir until ice melts.
- Pour into one of the pans; refrigerate.
- Repeat with lemon JELL-O.
- Pour into other pan.
- Refrigerate both until set; 2-4 hours.
- In medium bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and orange extract; mix well and let cool completely,
- Coat 6-cup gelatin mold with cooking spray.
- Cut JELL-O into squares.
- Alternate colors and layer inside mold.
- Add a few worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks as desired.
- Carefully pour milk mixture over JELL-O in mold.
- Cover: refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, let JELL-O mold sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Gently loosen edges of mold to help it release.
- Top with plate; invert mold and tap to release.
- To garnish, stir a few drops of green food coloring into COOL-WHIP and gently
fold to blend in color.
- Spoon whipped topping into center of JELL-O mold, and decorate with a few worm-shaped
chewy fruit snacks.
Prep Time 30 min.
Total Time 5 hr. 30 min.
Recipe and Photo by Liz Mays of Lizventures.
Reprinted with permission from
Kraft Kitchens - kraftrecipes.com.