Spooky Graveyard Pie
Have fun with the kids creating this festive and spooky graveyard-inspired pie. A chocolate cookie crust is filled with a chocolatey pie mixture and topped with cookie crumb dirt, cookie headstones and creepy crawly gummies and bones.
- 3 cups (about 32) finely ground chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 8 chocolate filled vanilla wafer cookies
- Black and purple decorator writing gels
- WONKA® Sluggles™ Gummies Candy, WONKA® SweeTARTS® Skull n’ Bones * or other assorted spooky Halloween candies
* Found in bags of WONKA® Halloween Assorted Candies.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
Press crumb mixture onto bottom and upsides of pie plate.
- Set aside remaining 1 1/2 cups crumbs for dirt topping.
- Whisk together evaporated milk, egg yolks and cornstarch in medium saucepan.
Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and
thickens slightly; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs. Press
crumbs down gently.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Decorate cookie tombstones as desired with writing gels.
- Insert tombstones around edge of pie.
- With spoon, mound cookie crumbs to form "fresh graves".
- Decorate graves with candy to make the pie as spooky as you want it to be!
Prep: 30 mins
Cooking: 8 mins
Cooling: 180 mins
By: CARNATION MILKS
Recipe and photo credit: VeryBestBaking.com and Nestlé®
Other Halloween recipes you may like...