- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- 1 pound processed American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry (optional)
- Poach chicken breasts.
- Chop cooked chicken and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter and sauté the onion, celery, peppers and mushrooms.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, tomato juice, olives, chili powder and salt.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break the spaghetti up into worm-size pieces.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until tender - about 6 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti and fold into simmering sauce.
- Stir in cheese and sherry.
- Place in a large greased casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.