Bat Wing Soup
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- In a saucepan, sauté garlic in oil until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, process garlic and tomatoes in batches until
- Return all to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream and heat through.
- To make bat wings, remove crusts from bread. Flatten with a rolling pin.
- Using a kitchen shears, cut each slice in half diagonally, cutting wavy
lines to resemble bat wings.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread with butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Add two wings to each bowl of soup.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings