Bewitched Double-Crust Cheese Pizza
Trick or treat! Cookie cutters make fun, quick work of uncovering the cheesy filling in a celebratory pizza.
- 3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup very hot water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy pizza seasoning
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray 12-inch
pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix and hot water with fork until soft dough
forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Press half of the dough into pizza pan, using fingers dipped in Bisquick
mix; pinch edge to form 1/2-inch rim.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese and pizza seasoning; sprinkle over pizza sauce.
- Place remaining dough on surface dusted with Bisquick mix; roll in Bisquick
mix to coat.
- Shape into a ball; knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into 14-inch circle. Use cookie cutters in Halloween shapes to
cut shapes from dough (leave 1 inch of dough between cutouts and leave 1 inch
of edge of dough uncut).
- Fold dough circle in half; place over pizza and unfold. Seal edges.
- Place dough cutouts on top of pizza if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 15 min | Start to Finish: 35 min | Yield:: 8 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
If you prefer, or if you can't find the Mexican cheese blend, make your own blend.
Mix 1/2 cup each shredded mozzarella, shredded provolone, shredded Cheddar and grated
Smaller Halloween cutouts will allow you to have a few more designs and make
it easier to transfer the cutouts to the pizza.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 130); Total
Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 850mg; Total
Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 10g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 High-Fat
Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2008 ®/TM General Mills