- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons black olive paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken broth in saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover
and keep at a low simmer.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat warm oil.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add rice and cook until coated with oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add red wine and cook until absorbed.
- Add all but 1 cup of hot broth to rice mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, making
sure it is absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup.
- Stir in black olive paste and add the remaining broth 1/4 cup at a time.
Cook until rice is just tender and slightly creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, orange zest and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and more Parmesan cheese to taste.