Cat Litter Casserole
Use a brand new pooper scooper to serve this disgusting casserole!
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or pork sausage
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Large mixing bowl
- Rectangular baking pan
- Deep saucepan with lid
- Paper towels
- Large spoon
- New stainless steel "pooper scooper"
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dumps: Using clean hands, mix together the dump ingredients into a large bowl.
Mold pieces of this mixture into various size/shape "dumps."
- Place so they don't touch each other on an ungreased baking pan. Use two
if they don't all fit.
- Bake the dumps for about 20 minutes or until they are all brown, firm and
- Litter: While the meat cooks, put all four litter ingredients into a large saucepan.
Heat over high heat until the water comes to a boil. Stir, then turn heat to
low and cover the pan. Simmer without lifting the cover for 14 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and carefully lift off the cover.
- Break apart or fluff the rice with a fork and set pan aside.
- When "dumps" are done, carefully transfer them onto paper towels
- Spoon the rice and "dumps" into the now empty baking pan, leaving
some "dumps" partially uncovered.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings