Chicken Enchilada Mummies
Halloween fun comes to life with just a squiggle of sour cream in this chicken-stuffed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 3 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend (12 ounces)
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) Old El Paso® enchilada sauce
- 12 Old El Paso® flour tortillas (8 inch)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) and 8x8-inch (2-quart)
baking dishes with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion;
cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in cumin, garlic salt and oregano. Cook 1 minute longer; drain if necessary.
- Pour chicken mixture into large bowl.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons sour cream in small bowl; refrigerate.
- Into bowl of chicken mixture, stir remaining sour cream, roasted peppers,
chiles and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese blend.
- Spread heaping 3/4 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas; arrange 8 seam-side down in 13x9-inch baking dish and
4 seam-side down in 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Top each baking dish evenly with enchilada sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spray 2 sheets of foil with cooking spray; cover each baking dish with foil,
sprayed side down.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until enchiladas are hot.
- Place reserved 2 tablespoons sour cream in Ziploc® Brand snack bag. Seal
bag; cut off 1 corner of bag.
- Squeeze bag to pipe eyes and mouth on each mummy.
- Have additional sour cream, chopped cilantro or sliced ripe olives available
so guests can top their enchiladas to their liking.
- If enchiladas are done before guests are ready, cover baking dishes with
foil and hold in 200 degrees F oven for up to 30 minutes.
Prep Time 30 Min | Makes 12
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Enchilada) Calories 390 o (Calories from
Fat 190), Total Fat 21g o (Saturated Fat 10g, o Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 105mg;
Sodium 880mg; Total Carbohydrate 19g o (Dietary Fiber 1g, o Sugars 4g), Protein
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 30%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 4 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ziploc® is a registered trademark of S. C. Johnson and Son, Inc. All rights reserved.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills All Rights