Creamy Curried Pumpkin Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 4 cups warm chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pumpkin, apples, onion and curry. Cook and stir until onion softens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken broth and wine. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to boil.
Turn heat down to low, partially cover, and cook until pumpkin is extremely
soft (approximately 25-35 minutes).
- Remove soup from heat and let it cool.
- Puree soup in a food processor.
- To serve, reheat in pan over medium-low heat until heated throughout (but
don't boil), stir in cream, and cook about 1 minute.
- Garnish with chives.