Dead Man's Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Olives, corn kernels and pimentos (garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using clean hands, mix together all ingredients, except for the spaghetti
sauce and garnishes, in a large bowl.
- To form the corpse: In an ungreased baking pan, sculpt the meat mixture
into a body. (Generally, bodies have a single head, torso, 2 legs and 2 arms,
but yours can have as many or as few as you like.)
- Using olives for eyes, corn for teeth and pimentos for a tongue, decorate
your loaf. Feel free to try other vegetables, too.
- Pour spaghetti sauce around the corpse and bake for about 1 hour and 15
- Right before serving, stick a dagger (butter knife) into the "heart"
of the corpse.