Fire Ants and Fleas
- 2 cups wild rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups low salt chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse the wild rice well and drain.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large heavy saucepan and sauté the onion
for several minutes until soft.
- Add the dried cranberries and rice and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and continue to
cook over very low heat, checking occasionally, for 45 minutes or until the
rice is cooked. Add additional broth if needed.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium pan and sauté the grapes until warm
- Add grapes and parsley to the cooked rice.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.