- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/3 pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 (2 ounces each) hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon flour salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- Spread half the butter on bottom of 12-inch nonstick skillet.
- Layer half the potato slices then half the hot dog slices in skillet.
- Sprinkle with half the flour.
- Dot with half the remaining butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers, ending with salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over.
- Bring to simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook
until potato slices are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover skillet and simmer until sauce thickens, about 7 minutes.