Freddie Krueger's Casserole
- 1 package flour tortillas, torn into wedges
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 medium can Ranch-style beans (or plain pinto beans)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Longhorn, Colby or combined with Monterey jack)
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with Pam. Line with torn-up tortillas.
- Then layer, in this order: half of meat, beans, onion, cheese.
- Repeat layers, beginning with tortillas.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes with peppers and mushroom soup.
- Pour over the layers in casserole. This will look repulsive, thus the name.
You may want to add some grated cheese on top, just to make it look better.
Do not stir.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees F. Should be bubbly
and hot through and through.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread or cornbread.