- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) jar pimento-stuffed olives
- Olive oil, as needed
- 6 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (26-ounce) jar prepared pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, ketchup, herbs and spices; shape
into 1 1/2-inch balls, making 12 total.
- Insert 1 olive into each meatball to look like an eye.
- Place meatballs in pan and roast approximately 25 minutes until thoroughly
cooked and no pink remains (160 degrees F internal temperature).
- Heat sauce and ladle over pasta.
- Serve 2 meatballs per plate.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Certified Angus Beef