- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound fusilli pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 6 oval crackers (like Keebler Town House®), optional
- Brown ground chuck in large fry pan. Drain liquid from beef.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic salt and cayenne pepper;
simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cooked pasta.
- Pour into a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with potato chips and cheese and
broil for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and chips are golden brown.
- Garnish with green onions and crackers (tombstones).
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 818 Fat: 42 g Saturated Fat: 16 g Cholesterol:
65 mg Carbohydrate: 82 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Protein: 32 g Sodium: 1668 mg Iron:
31% of Daily Value
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Certified Angus Beef® brand