Green Mashed Potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale
- White pepper
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large heavy saucepan bring the milk to a boil.
- Add the scallions, kale, salt and pepper and return to a boil. Reduce the
heat and simmer until the kale is very tender and bright green, but not mushy.
- While the kale is cooking, whip the potatoes with the butter.
- Fold in the milk mixture and mix well to combine.
- Serve hot.