This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Halloween Bean Soup
- 1 pound black beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons A-1 Sauce
- 1 pound carrots, cut into rounds
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Rinse and soak beans overnight.
- Drain beans and empty into a large stock pot. Add enough water to cover
the beans by 2 to 3 inches. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam which rises
to the surface.
- Add garlic and onion.
- Lower heat and cook until onions are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add A-1 Sauce, salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Cook for about one hour.
- Add carrots and continue cooking one hour longer.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve.