Halloween Cadaver Melts
- 2 slices dark rye bread, cut into coffin shapes
- 3 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces rare prime rib, sliced thin
- 1 cup shaved iceberg lettuce
- 1 drop of green food coloring
- 1 ounce butter
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Place bread into skillet
side by side and push them around to soak up the butter.
- Lay cheese on top of each slice, then top with prime rib. Sauté for 1 minute,
then carefully make it into a sandwich, using a spatula. Continue to turn and
sauté until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- For more sandwiches just keep repeating above directions. Make as many as
you would like.
- Combine mayo and food coloring and stir.
- To plate up, place chopped lettuce in a big pile in the middle of a plate,
then lean the sandwich cadavers against the lettuce.
- Put the mayo mixture in a pile next to the lettuce.
Source: Prepared by Chef Robert