Hot Dog Mummies
Hot Dog Mummies are a fun idea for your Halloween get togethers!
- Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- bun length hot dogs
- mustard for eyes
- Cut arms and legs on hot dog.
- Be sure to leave about 1 1/2 inches for head.
- Cut small piece of dough off of one roll to use as head wrap.
- Cut the rest of the roll in half.
- Roll the head wrap into a rope about 6-7 inches in length.
- Roll the other two pieces into 2 ropes about 18-20 inches long.
- Starting at the foot and using one long rope, wrap the dough around one
leg about 4 or 5 times, 2 times around the body and up and over a shoulder and
3 or 4 times down one arm.
- Repeat on the other side of the hot dog body.
- Use the small dough rope and wrap around the top of the head about 3 times.
- Place mummy on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F 10-15 minutes
or until dough is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and use two dots of mustard for eyes.
Prep Time: 20 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 15 min
Reprinted with permission from