Jack-O'-Lantern Chicken Taco Cups
A bright Halloween smile tops a quick chicken stew in a biscuit bread bowl.
- 8 slices (3/4 ounce each) American cheese
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) Pillsbury Grands! refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 container (20 ounces) refrigerated taco sauce with seasoned shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant Niblets frozen corn
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
- Shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With top edge of custard cup as a pattern, cut out round from each cheese
- In each round, cut out small triangles for eyes and nose, and small shape
for mouth to resemble jack-o'-lantern. Set aside.
- Spray outside bottom and sides of eight 6-ounce custard cups lightly with
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Roll or pat each biscuit into 4 1/2-inch
- Place biscuit rounds over outside of sprayed cups; press to fit over bottom
and part way down sides of cups.
- Place cups, upside down, in ungreased 15 x 10-inch pan with sides.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, cook taco sauce with chicken, corn and chiles
over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture
is thoroughly heated.
- Stir in sour cream. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, just until
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully remove biscuit cups from custard cups; place
biscuit cups, right side up, in same baking pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly into each biscuit cup.
- Top each with tomato slice and jack-o'-lantern cheese slice.
- Return to oven; bake for 2 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle tops of cheese with shredded lettuce to resemble hair.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Start to Finish: 2 days 7 hrs | Makes: 8 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Cook chicken mixture over medium-low heat. When
biscuit cups have been filled, return to oven; bake 4 to 6 minutes longer or until
cheese is melted.
Reprinted with permission from Pillsbury - Bake-Off is a registered trademark
of General Mills 2007 and /™ General Mills.
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels