Jack-o'-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pie
Try a Halloween pot pie made with tasty turkey sausage and topped with easy Pillsbury pie crust.
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce box), softened as directed on box
- 1 1/2 pounds bulk turkey sausage *
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup Green Giant Niblets frozen corn (from 1-pound bag)
- 1 cup Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove pie crust from pouch; onto ungreased
cookie sheet, unroll crust.
- With sharp knife, cut jack-o'-lantern face from crust. If desired, place
cutouts on crust to decorate, securing each with small amount of water.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high
heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat
to medium-low; simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
corn is cooked and sauce is desired consistency.
- Stir cilantro into sausage mixture.
- Carefully place warm baked pie crust over turkey mixture in skillet.
Prep Time: 50 min | Start to Finish: 50 min | Makes: 4 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
* In place of the turkey sausage, use pork sausage. Be sure to drain the cooked
sausage before adding the remaining ingredients.
Recipe and photo credit: - Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General
Mills 2007 and /™ General Mills