This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Miniature Pumpkins Stuffed with
Rice, Raisins and Almonds
- 4 miniature pumpkins
- 1/4 cup raisins, plumped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place whole pumpkins in a baking pan and surround with 1 inch of water.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until blade of knife penetrates pumpkins easily
(you could also microwave for about 10 minutes).
- Let cool, then cut across top to make a lid. Scoop out flesh, discarding
seeds and stringy fibers. Coarsely chop flesh.
- Cover raisins with a little water and bring to a boil. Cover and let sit
while you proceed with the remaining filling.
- Sauté onions in melted butter.
- Combine with pumpkin, rice, almonds, raisins, cinnamon and salt and pepper
- Bind with beaten egg and fill pumpkin shells. The filling will rise above
top of shells.
- Top each with its hat.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.