This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Moldy Cheese Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Green food coloring
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper
- Sauté the onions in the butter in a medium size stock pot until they are
- Peel the tough stem off of the broccoli stalk and slice the stalk into 1/4
- Break the florets into small pieces.
- Add the chicken stock, wine, broccoli pieces, milk, and cream to the pot.
- Add green food coloring until the soup reaches the desired "moldiness."
- Simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Add the cheese to the soup and cook over low heat until the cheese all melts.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the soup with your favorite croutons.
- Do not heat the soup overly much, or it will separate.