This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into triangles
- Barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Place flour and 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning in large resealable plastic
food storage bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake bag to coat.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, green onion and remaining 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
in large shallow bowl; mix well.
- Place eggs in shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken strips into eggs and then into crumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken strips on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken strips for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, make 1/2-inch slit in thinner end.
- Place bell pepper triangle into slit to form claw nail.
- Serve claws with barbecue sauce for dipping.