Monster Mash Meatball Soup
Add your own Halloween pasta shapes and spooky decorations to this family favorite
dish. Decorated with a sour cream moon, spooky bats, parmesan cheese ghosts and
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen fully-cooked beef meatballs
- 1 cup frozen vegetable mixture, such as broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup uncooked Halloween pasta shapes
- Dairy Sour Cream Full Moon
- Black Olive Bats
- Parmesan Cheese Ghosts
- Creepy Crouton
- Combine frozen vegetables, water, broth, tomatoes and pasta in large saucepan;
bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until pasta is just tender.
- Meanwhile microwave meatballs according to package directions.
- Add meatballs to soup; simmer 3 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
- Garnish with spooky decorations, as desired.
- Dairy Sour Cream Full Moon: Spoon small amount of sour cream on top of soup
forming full moon shape.
- Black Olive Bats: Thinly slice olives crosswise into rings. Cut rings in
half. Place olive slices on top of sour cream full moon to form bat wings.
- Parmesan Cheese Ghosts: Place ghost-shaped cookie cutter on baking sheet.
- Place shredded Parmesan cheese inside cookie cutter, pressing down slightly
with fingers to form shape.
- Carefully remove cookie cutter and repeat to make desired amount of ghosts.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool slightly.
- Remove ghosts with spatula to wire rack; cool completely.
- Serve with soup.
- Creepy Croutons: Cut sliced white bread into Halloween shapes with cookie
- Place shapes on baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake shapes at 350 degrees F about 10 minutes or until bread is toasted
and cheese begins to brown.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photo credit: the Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels